If you are married to, cohabitant with or the child of a person who has been granted protection in Norway, you can get family immigration to Norway without any requirements as to this person’s income. This only applies if you apply within the deadlines.
You need to pay attention to two deadlines
- Within six months after the date it says on the decision letter your family member received where he or she was granted protection, must
- the application for family immigration have been registered electronically in the Application Portal (external website)
- the application fee for NOK 10 500 (previously NOK 8 000) be paid
- Within one year after the date it says on the decision letter your family member received, must
- you meet at a Norwegian foreign mission or an application centre and hand in all the documents there
Remember that the application first is submitted when you have met and handed in the documents.
If you do not apply within these deadlines, your family member must have a good and steady income if your application is to be granted.
If the family member in Norway was granted protection in Norway before 1 August 2017 other rules apply.