Parent who is visiting children in Norway for up to nine months
Requirements for both
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must document your identity. A valid passport is usually valid proof of identity.
- You must not be subject to a prohibition against entry to Norway or Schengen.
- You must return to your home country after the visit.
- If you have previously held a residence permit to visit a child in Norway, at least one year must have elapsed since you left Norway before you can be granted such a permit again.
Requirements for the reference person
- You must have an income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-taxnow. In addition, your income last year must have been at about the same level. You cannot have received any financial assistance from NAV (økonomisk sosialhjelp) during the last 12 months. Please check the income requirements, what kind of income that counts and whether you can be exempted from any of the requirements.
- If you do not have enough income yourself, your cohabitant or spouse can provide a financial guarantee. He or she must then have an income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-tax. Please check the income requirements for the person providing a financial guarantee.
- You must be a resident in Norway.
- You must have a home.