You are eligible to apply for return if
- your application for protection (asylum) or another application for residence has been rejected
- you are waiting for a decision on your application for protection (asylum)
- you do not have legal residence and you do not have a registered application at UDI
Not all applications are granted.
What kind of support will you be given?
- a plane ticket to your home country
- health checks and necessary vaccinations
- help to obtain a passport and travel documents. You must cooperate on this.
- advice from the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- help to plan your journey
- a financial grant
- advice and guidance in Marocco to help you to start work or education
You have to apply early to receive as much money as possible.
- If you apply before your deadline for leaving the country has expired, or before you are given a deadline for leaving, you will receive NOK 15,000 in cash.
- If you apply after your deadline for leaving the country has expired, you will receive NOK 5,000 in cash.
- In addition to this, you can get a reintegration grant of 2 000 euros that may be used for vocational training, courses or education, or starting up a business. You will not get this money paid out in cash, but you will receive advice and guidance from Caritas Morocco and Fondation Orient-Occident to decide what to spent the money on.
How will your return be organised?
- You will be told in advance when you are to leave, and you will travel as an ordinary passenger on a scheduled flight.
- You can receive help during the journey and in connection with stopovers.
- Transport will normally be arranged for you all the way to your place of origin.
How to apply?
- You must create a user account and fill in the UDI application form for assisted return.
- IOM, the asylum reception centre where you live and the UDI regional office can help you to apply.
If your application for assisted return is denied
- If you disagree with the decision from UDI you can write an appeal. When you appeal you should explain why the decision is wrong. You should also submit any new information or new documents if applicable.
- You can submit your appeal on «Appealing a decision» (external website), or by letter to:
UDI Returenheten – VARP
Postboks 2098 Vika
- If UDI does not reverse the decision after considering your appeal, it will be assessed again by The Norwegian Ministry of Justice and Public Security.
- You still have the obligation to leave Norway. If your deadline for leaving Norway has expired you do not have the right to stay in Norway while your appeal is being processed.
- If you leave Norway while your appeal is being processed, please send us an email at Varp@udi.no with your contact information, so that we can get in touch with you.
If you want to withdraw your application for assisted return
If you wish to withdraw your application for assisted return, you must notify UDI by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone: +47 23 35 16 00.