Deadline for departure
If you are subject to a return decision, you must leave by the date stipulated as your deadline for departure
- Your deadline will be stated in the letter you received from UDI.
- You must document that you have left by the stipulated deadline by registering your departure.
- If you do not leave by the deadline, the police can deport you, and an entry ban may be imposed on you.
- Some people, for example asylum seekers whose applications have been rejected, can apply for support to return to their home country.
- If you believe there are special circumstances for why your deadline should be extended, you may apply with the police for a deadline extension, as long as you apply before your deadline for departure has passed.
- If you appeal the decision in your case, you may apply to remain in Norway while your appeal is being processed (this is called "deferred implementation of a decision").