Child who has full siblings in Norway

Requirements for the applicant

  • You must be under the age of 18.
  • You cannot have parents or other carers in your home country or country of residence.

Requirements for the reference person

  • You must have one of these types of residence permits:
    • a permanent residence permit (formerly known as settlement permit)
    • a valid residence permit that forms the basis for a permanent residence permit, for example a residence permit for protection, most types of family immigration permits, or a residence permit for self-employed persons with a company in Norway.  (You can check in the decision you received from the UDI whether your residence permit forms the basis for a permanent residence permit.)
  • You must have a home. 
  • If you and your brother or sister meet all these requirements, UDI will ask the Norwegian child welfare authorities to approve that you are suitable as a care person.