Want to apply Residence card for family members of EU/EEA nationals

You can apply for family immigration if you wish to move to a family member in Norway.

The information on this page is personalised for

The applicant is a citizen of : United Kingdom

The reference person is a citizen of: Norway

Have you lived together in an EU/EEA country, other than Norway?: Yes

You have been established in another EU/EEA country, other than Norway, and the reference person has been a worker, self employed, service provider, had sufficient funds or been a student there, and you are now moving to Norway together.

On this page, we use the words 'reference person' and 'applicant

  • The reference person = the family member living in Norway.
  • The applicant = the person who wants to move to Norway or continue living here and who needs a residence permit

If you are from a country outside the EU/EEA and the family member in Norway is an EU/EEA national, you can apply for a residence card for family members of EU/EEA nationals. 

What kind of family member are you?

  • Spouses and registered partners

  • Cohabitants

  • Children and granchildren under the age of 21 who are moving to parents in Norway

  • Children and granchildren over the age of 21 who are moving to parents in Norway

  • Parents and grandparents who are moving to children in Norway

  • Foster children under the age of 18

  • Children under the age of 18 who have full siblings in Norway

  • Family member who need nursing and care


Waiting time

Check how long you have to wait for an answer to your application for a residence permit for family immigration. 

Would you like to help us improving the website?

Did you find what you were looking for?