You must meet the following requirements
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must hold a valid residence permit in Norway.
- You must be in Norway when you apply.
- It is not possible for you to obtain a passport from your home country in time for your journey.
- You cannot have been convicted of any serious crimes.
- The Norwegian authorities can normally not be in doubt about your identity.
- You must have a particular reason for wanting to travel, for example that you are going:
- to visit a family member who is acutely and life-threateningly ill
- to the funeral of a close family member
- to obtain a passport from your home country
How to apply
Please note: You will normally not be granted an immigrant's passport for a single journey if you are going on holiday, a business trip or study trip.