Children under the age of 18
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must hold a valid residence permit in Norway.
- You must be in Norway when you apply.
- The Norwegian authorities cannot be in any doubt about your identity.
- You cannot have been convicted of any serious crimes.
- Both your parents, or the parent who has sole parental responsibility for you, must apply on your behalf.
If you are in the care of the Norwegian child welfare service, the child welfare service must normally apply on your behalf. Your foster parents cannot apply.