Adults with a family immigration permit
To be eligible for an immigrant's passport, you must meet the requirement listed below. If you do not meet the requirements, you will normally not be issued an immigrant's passport, even if you need an identity document or want to go on holiday.
Requirements that apply to everyone
- You must pay an application fee.
- You have been granted family immigration with a family member in Norway.
- You must be in Norway when you apply.
- The Norwegian authorities cannot be in any doubt about your identity.
- You cannot have been convicted of any serious crimes.
In addition, you must meet one of the following requirements
- It is dangerous for you to contact one of the embassies of your home country and/or the authorities of your home country because it is dangerous for your family member.
- Your application for a passport from your home country has been rejected.