Travel with, or visit, a family member who is an EU/EEA national
Requirements for a visa
- You are a close family member (spouse/partner/cohabitant/child who is under the age of 21 or supported financially by the parent/parent who is supported financially by their child) who is
- a citizen of another EU/EEA country than Norway and is staying in Norway, or
- a Norwegian citizen who is living in another EU/EEA country on a permanent basis
and you are going to travel together with, or visit, this person.
- You must not be subject to a prohibition against entry to Norway or Schengen.
- If you have been in the Schengen area in the last 90 days, you must check when it is possible for you to re-enter, and how many days you can stay in Schengen. Please use the visa calculator to check this (ec.europa.eu) (external website)
- You must hand in the documents on the checklist (pdf, 258 kB).
- You must register your fingerprints.
- If you are under the age of 18, both your parents, or other persons responsible for you, must sign your application.
- This kind of application is free.
Your possibility of getting a visa
- If you are in this situation, you will normally be given a visa.