Skilled job seeker with a visa free citizenship
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must be a citizen of a country that has an agreement for visa free visits with Norway.
- You must be qualified as a skilled worker.
- You must look for employment as a skilled worker. The work cannot be as a religious leader/teacher.
- You must have sufficient money to live on while you stay in Norway. You must have at least
NOK 24 713 per month, a total of
NOK 148 278 for six months. This must be your own money, and must normally be in a Norwegian bank account.
Rights and obligations
- You may not work while you are searching for a skilled job. If you receive a job offer, you can apply for a residence permit as a skilled worker. You cannot start working until you have received such a residence permit.
- You can be granted a residence permit for a maximum of six months at a time. The six months are counted from the day you entered Norway. You must live outside Norway for one year before you can apply for a new residence permit as a job seeker.
- The period you have this permit does not count if you later wish to apply for a permanent residence permit.
- Your family members cannot apply for a family immigration permit to come and live with you in Norway.