Crew on board laid-up ships
If you are going to be in Norway for more than three months, you must have a residence permit.
Requirements of the applicant
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must be a necessary member of the security and maintenance crew on board a foreign-owned laid up ship in Norway.
- You must provide information about the name of the ship, the content and duration of the work on board, and how much you will receive in salary.
Rights and obligations
- The period you have this residence permit does not count if you later apply for a permanent residence permit.
- Your family members cannot apply for a family immigration permit to come and live with you in Norway.