Crew on board laid-up ships

If you are going to be in Norway for more than three months, you must have a residence permit.

Requirements of the applicant

  • You must pay an application fee.
  • You must be a necessary member of the security and maintenance crew on board a foreign-owned laid up ship in Norway.
  • You must provide information about the name of the ship, the content and duration of the work on board, and how much you will receive in salary. 

Rights and obligations

  • The period you have this residence permit does not count if you later apply for a permanent residence permit.
  • Your family members cannot apply for a family immigration permit to come and live with you in Norway.