Want to apply Vocational training and research

There are different types of residence permits for people who are going to carry out research or participate in vocational training.

The applicant is the person who wishes to visit or live in Norway. 

  • Trainee: For students who are to be trainees in Norway.
  • Researchers with own funds: For researchers who are to carry out research in Norway, but who do not have a Norwegian employer.

Who are you?

  • Researcher with own funds

  • Trainees


Waiting time

Check how long you have to wait for an answer to your application for a residence permit for work. 

Did you find what you were looking for?