Requirements of the applicant
- You must pay an application fee.
- Your work or research situation must be unchanged.
- You must meet the same requirements as when you applied for the first time.
Requirements of the type of residence permit you have
- Your residence permit must be renewable. If you already have held the residence permit for the maximum amount of months or years, you cannot apply for renewal.
A residence permit for seasonal workers can be renewed, but you cannot stay in Norway for more than six months out of twelve months.
Requirements of persons who have changed employers
- If you are going to change employer or client since the last time you applied, you must normally submit a new application for a residence permit for work purposes instead of applying for renewal.