Is it the police or the UDI that register EU/EEA nationals and their family members?

The police receive all cases of registration for EU/EEA nationals.

The police can answer your questions about your registration as an EU/EEA national in Norway. The UDI provide general information about the EU/EEA regulations.

The police also receive all applications for residence card for family members of EU/EEA nationals. Applications for residence card will be processed by the police or the UDI.

You will receive an email if your case has been sent from the police to the UDI. If you do not find an answer to your question online, you can contact the agency handling your case.

If you want to know for how long you must wait for an answer to your application, you will find more information about waiting time published by the police (external website, opens in new window) and by the UDI.