Invitation from businesses/organisations
What is an invitation?
An invitation is a letter which the business/organisation write to you on their stationery. You must submit it together with your other application documents.
Some embassies have their own invitation forms. You will find this in the embassy’s checklist. If the embassy has such a form, the business/organisation you are visiting can fill in this form instead of writing a letter.
What must the invitation contain?
- the name of you who are going to visit Norway.
- information about why you have been invited, for example to attend an important meeting or a conference
- suggested dates for the visit, and the dates for any meetings or events you are attending
- the name and organisation number of the business/organisation which is inviting you
- information about the relationship between you and the business/organisation, for example whether you have a business partnership
If the business/organisation is going to pay for your journey, food and accommodation this must be stated in the invitation.
If the business/organisation also wish to provide a financial guarantee, they must also fill in a sponsorship form.