Nationals of countries outside the EU/EEA area
If you are a national of a country outside the EU/EEA area, you can be refused entry or a stay if, for example, you
- do not have a passport or other approved travel document, or do not have a visa if one is required
- have been expelled from another Schengen country and you are subject to an entry ban pertaining to Schengen
- cannot substantiate your reason for coming to Norway
- do not have enough money to finance your stay in Norway and your return journey
- have been convicted of a crime or are likely to commit criminal offences
- owe the Norwegian authorities money because you were previously deported by the police. In such cases, you must pay what you owe for the deportation before you can return to Norway.
Can you appeal the refusal of entry or stay?
You may submit a written appeal to the police within three weeks of being refused entry. The police will reconsider your case and determine whether to reverse the decision or forward your case to UDI, who will make a final decision on your case.