I am in Norway on a visitor's visa or a visa-free stay, and I cannot return to Ukraine. What rights do I have?

If you are in Norway on a visitor visa or visa-free stay, you no longer have legal residence in Norway when your visa has expired or you have been here for more than 90 days. You will then no longer have legal residence and must leave Norway, unless you apply for a residence permit that gives you right to stay in Norway. This can be an application for protection or a residence permit on other grounds, if you meet the relevant conditions.

Because you do not have a residence permit, you do not have the rights a residence permit gives you. That means, among other things, that you do not have the right to work in Norway. 

UDI has no financial support schemes.

If you have questions about your health rights, please visit helsenorge.no (external website).

Healthcare for persons without legal residence in Norway (external website).

You must apply for a residence permit or for protection to obtain rights in Norway.

If you apply for protection, you will be granted rights once you register your application.

If you apply for another residence permit, you will only be granted rights after you have received a positive decision on an application for a residence permit.