Requirements for both
- Both of you must be over the age of 18.
- You are going to live together in Norway.
- You must meet one of the following two requirements:
- You must have lived together for at least two years and neither of you can be married to someone else. If you have lived together in Norway, both of you must have had legal residence.
- You have, or are expecting, a child together. You are both unmarried or divorced.
- You must be at least 24 years old.
Requirements for the applicant
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must document your identity. A valid passport is usually valid proof of identity.
- You must not be subject to a prohibition against entry to Norway or Schengen.
Requirements for the reference person
- You must have or have applied for a residence permit as a skilled worker.
- You must have an annual income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-tax. You cannot have received financial assistance from NAV (økonomisk sosialhjelp) during the last 12 months. Check what kind of income counts toward this requirement and whether you can get an exemption.