Parent who is moving to children over the age of 18 in Norway(2)
Requirements for the applicant
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must document your identity. A valid passport is usually valid proof of identity.
- You must not be subject to a prohibition against entry to Norway or Schengen.
- You must be over the age of 60.
- You cannot have a spouse or cohabitant.
- You cannot have parents, children, grandchildren, or great-grandchildren in your home country.
Requirements for the reference person
- You must have one of these types of residence permits:
- a permanent residence permit (formerly known as settlement permit)
- a valid residence permit that forms the basis for a permanent residence permit, for example a residence permit for protection, most types of family immigration permits, or a residence permit for self-employed persons with a company in Norway. (You can check in the decision you received from the UDI whether your residence permit forms the basis for a permanent residence permit.)
- You must have an income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-taxnow. In addition, your income last year must have been at about the same level. You cannot have received any financial assistance from NAV (økonomisk sosialhjelp) during the last 12 months. Please check the income requirements, what kind of income that counts and whether you can be exempted from any of the requirements.
- If you do not have enough income yourself, your cohabitant or spouse can provide a financial guarantee. He or she must then have an income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-tax. Please check the income requirements for the person providing a financial guarantee.
- You must have a home.