Parent who is moving to children over the age of 18 in Norway(2)

Requirements for the applicant

  • You must be over the age of 60.
  • You cannot have a spouse or cohabitant.
  • You cannot have parents, children, grandchildren, or great-grandchildren in your home country. 

Requirements for the reference person

  • You must have one of these types of residence permits:
    • a permanent residence permit (formerly known as settlement permit)
    • a valid residence permit that forms the basis for a permanent residence permit, for example a residence permit for protection, most types of family immigration permits, or a residence permit for self-employed persons with a company in Norway.  (You can check in the decision you received from the UDI whether your residence permit forms the basis for a permanent residence permit.)
  • You must have a home.