Child under the age of 18 who is going to live with parents in Norway
Please note! If the child is born in Norway, please check what type of residence permit you should apply for. There might be several options.
Requirements for the applicant
- You must document your identity. A valid passport is usually valid proof of identity.
- If only one of your parents is living in Norway, your other parent must consent to you living in Norway. This is only necessary if your parents have joint parental responsibility.
- If you are adopted, the adoption must be valid in your home country and must be approved by the Norwegian Directorate for Children, Youth and Family Affairs in Norway (external website). This is only necessary if the adoption took place after one or both of your adoptive parents moved to Norway.
Requirements for the reference person
- You must have an income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-taxnow. In addition, your income last year must have been at about the same level. You cannot have received any financial assistance from NAV (økonomisk sosialhjelp) during the last 12 months. Please check the income requirements, what kind of income that counts and whether you can be exempted from any of the requirements.
- If you do not have enough income yourself, your cohabitant or spouse can provide a financial guarantee. He or she must then have an income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-tax. Please check the income requirements for the person providing a financial guarantee.