Children born in Norway

Because one or both parents are citizen of an EU/EEA country, you do not need to apply for a residence permit, but you must register the child with the police or apply for a residency card for the child. This applies also if the child is born in Norway and has a Norwegian personal number. 

There is no deadline for registering your child/applying for a residency card for children under the EU/EEU regulations. UDI reccomends that you register your child as soon as they have a passport.

Requirements for the applicant (child)

The applicant (your child) must meet at the police station/ foreign mission. It is sufficent that one of the parents follow the child, if the other parent sign the application and the passports of both parents are attached.

Requirements for the reference person (parent)