Foster child who has foster parents in Norway
Requirements for both
- You must document your identity. A valid passport is usually valid proof of identity.
- You must not be subject to a prohibition against entry to Norway or Schengen.
- You must have lived on a permanent basis with your foster parents in your home country.
- You must be under the age of 18.
Requirements for the reference person
- If you are foster parents, you must have confirmation from the authorities in your home country that you have parental responsibility for the foster child, and you must be approved by the Child Welfare Service in Norway.
- You must have an income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-taxnow. In addition, your income last year must have been at about the same level. You cannot have received any financial assistance from NAV (økonomisk sosialhjelp) during the last 12 months. Please check the income requirements, what kind of income that counts and whether you can be exempted from any of the requirements.
- If you do not have enough income yourself, your cohabitant or spouse can provide a financial guarantee. He or she must then have an income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-tax. Please check the income requirements for the person providing a financial guarantee.
- You must have a home.