Fill in the information about you and your family member in order to check to check whether you must use one of the schemes or if you can choose between the two.
If you have the option to choose between the two schemes, you should check which suits you the best.
Short overview: Advantages and disadvantages to the two schemes
- You can apply for permanent right of residence after five years in Norway.
- No application fee.
- The reference person does not have to have the same level of income as when you apply for a family immigration permit.
- If you wish, you can apply for a family immigration permit at a later time.
- The case processing time is generally shorter than for family immigration permits.
- You do not have the rights described in the introduction programme (external website).