Have applied Leave of absence
You do not have an automatic right to a leave of absence. When you submit an application, UDI will evaluate it and decide whether to grant you a leave or not.
There is a limit to how many days and how many times you may be granted a leave of absence.
How to apply for a leave of absence
You can apply in the following ways:
- You can submit your application via Mitt Mottak.
- You can get help from staff at the reception to submit your application via the Mot-portalen.
- You can get help from staff at the reception to fill out the paper application form, Application for leave of absence from a reception centre (in Norwegian, pdf, 542 kB), and submit it either
- via the Mot-portalen or
- by post to your regional office. You will find the postal address here.
You must fill out the application and attach the relevant documentation.
If you are an unaccompanied minor asylum seeker
If you are currently staying at a reception centre for unaccompanied minor asylum seekers, responsible adults must be present where you will be staying to supervise you during your leave. If you want to apply for a leave of absence, contact staff at the reception centre and they will submit an application for you.
How we consider your application
We will consider your application based on whether you have
- an application for asylum that is being processed
- received a rejection of your application for asylum
- been granted a residence permit