Have applied Leave of absence

A leave of absence is when you have permission to be away from the reception centre without losing your place at the centre.  

You do not have an automatic right to a leave of absence. When you submit an application, UDI will evaluate it and decide whether to grant you a leave or not.

There is a limit to how many days and how many times you may be granted a leave of absence.

How to apply for a leave of absence

You can apply in the following ways:

You must fill out the application and attach the relevant documentation.

If you are an unaccompanied minor asylum seeker

If you are currently staying at a reception centre for unaccompanied minor asylum seekers, responsible adults must be present where you will be staying to supervise you during your leave. If you want to apply for a leave of absence, contact staff at the reception centre and they will submit an application for you.

How we consider your application

We will consider your application based on whether you have

  • an application for asylum that is being processed
  • received a rejection of your application for asylum 
  • been granted a residence permit

Did you find what you were looking for?