Foster child who has foster parents in Norway
Requirements for the applicant
- You must document your identity. A valid passport is usually valid proof of identity.
- You must have lived on a permanent basis with your foster parents in your home country.
- You must be under the age of 18.
Requirements for the reference person
- If you are foster parents, you must have confirmation from the authorities in your home country that you have parental responsibility for the foster child, and you must be approved by the Child Welfare Service in Norway.
- You must have an annual income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-tax. You cannot have received financial assistance from NAV (økonomisk sosialhjelp) during the last 12 months. Check what kind of income counts toward this requirement and whether you can get an exemption.
- You must have a home.