Spouse or registered partner(4)
If you were granted a residence permit for the purpose of marriage (a "fiancé(e) permit"), and you are now married, you are required to apply for renewal of your family immigration permit with your spouse.
Requirements for both
Requirements for the applicant
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must document your identity. A valid passport is usually valid proof of identity.
- You must not be subject to a prohibition against entry to Norway or Schengen.
Requirements for the reference person
- You must have one of these types of residence permits:
- a permanent residence permit (formerly known as settlement permit)
- a valid residence permit that forms the basis for a permanent residence permit, for example a residence permit for protection, most types of family immigration permits, or a residence permit for self-employed persons with a company in Norway. (You can check in the decision you received from the UDI whether your residence permit forms the basis for a permanent residence permit.)
- a valid residence permit that forms the basis for family immigration, for example most types of family immigration permits, a residence permit for employees in international or foreign companies or a residence permit for a researcher with own funds. (You can check in the decision you received from the UDI whether your residence permit forms the basis for family immigration.)
- You must have an income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-taxnow. In addition, your income last year must have been at about the same level. You cannot have received any financial assistance from NAV (økonomisk sosialhjelp) during the last 12 months. Check what kind of income counts toward this requirement and whether you can get an exemption.
- If you have been granted protection (asylum), check if your family member can apply within the deadlines to be exempt from the income requirement.
- You must have worked or studied full-time in Norway for a total of four years. Some people can be exempted from this requirement.