How to apply
Registration and interview
- At Ankomstsenter Østfold the police will register your application.
- The police will take your fingerprints and have a conversation with you.
- You must state your name, age and address.
- You must submit your passport and any other documents that can tell us who you are.
- You must state the name, age and address of your closest relatives.
- The police may also ask you other questions you have to answer. For example questions about your travel to Norway, and why you are applying for protection.
What happens at Ankomstsenter Østfold?
You will stay at Ankomstsenter Østfold for 1–2 days before you will move to an asylum reception centre
- You will be tested for tuberculosis at a nearby hospital. Transportation to the hospital will be provided.
- The Norwegian Organisation for Asylum Seekers (NOAS) will inform you about your rights and obligations as an asylum seeker.
- You will get information about what it is important that you talk about in the interview.
- After all the necessary steps at Ankomstsenter Østfold are completed, you will move to an asylum reception centre. While staying at the asylum reception centre, the UDI will inform you on when you will have your asylum interview.
Unaccompanied minor who apply for protection
Can you work before your application is processed?
Check whether you as an asylum seeker can work or participate in voluntary work before your application is processed, and how to apply for a work permit for asylum seekers.