Parent who is visiting children in Norway for up to nine months
Requirements for the applicant
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must document your identity. A valid passport is usually valid proof of identity.
- You must not be subject to a prohibition against entry to Norway or Schengen.
- You must return to your home country after the visit.
- If you have previously held a residence permit to visit a child in Norway, at least one year must have elapsed since you left Norway before you can be granted such a permit again.
Requirements for the reference person
- You must be a resident in Norway.
- You must have an annual income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-tax. You cannot have received financial assistance from NAV (økonomisk sosialhjelp) during the last 12 months. Check what kind of income counts toward this requirement and whether you can get an exemption.
- You must have a home.