Child over 18 who is moving to parents in Norway
Requirements for the applicant
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must document your identity. A valid passport is usually valid proof of identity.
- You must not be subject to a prohibition against entry to Norway or Schengen.
- You must meet one of the following requirements:
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 21, not have a spouse or cohabitant, and have previously held a residence permit in Norway for several years.
- Your parents and all your siblings live in or are going to move to Norway. You are living with your parents, they support you, and you are not married or a cohabitant. Nor have you established an independent life outside the home through work or studies.
- You have serious health problems. Your parents must be the only ones who can give you personal care.
Requirements for the reference person
- You must have an annual income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-tax. You cannot have received financial assistance from NAV (økonomisk sosialhjelp) during the last 12 months. Check what kind of income counts toward this requirement and whether you can get an exemption.
- You must have a home.