Want to apply Residence card for family members of EU/EEA nationals

You can apply for family immigration if you wish to move to a family member in Norway.

The information on this page is personalised for

The applicant is a citizen of : United States

The reference person is a citizen of: Italy

On this page, we use the words 'reference person' and 'applicant

  • The reference person = the family member living in Norway.
  • The applicant = the person who wants to move to Norway or continue living here and who needs a residence permit

If you are from a country outside the EU/EEA and the family member in Norway is an EU/EEA national, you can apply for a residence card for family members of EU/EEA nationals. 

What kind of family member are you?

  • Cohabitants

  • Those who are getting married

  • Children born in Norway

  • Foster children under the age of 18

  • Children under the age of 18 who have full siblings in Norway


Waiting time

Check how long you have to wait for an answer to your application for a residence permit for family immigration. 

Did you find what you were looking for?