Want to apply Family immigration with a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA

You can apply for family immigration if you wish to move to a family member in Norway.

The information on this page is personalised for

The applicant is a citizen of : Iran

The reference person is a citizen of: Iran

What type of residence permit does the reference person have? : Residence permit as a student

On this page, we use the words 'reference person' and 'applicant

  • The reference person = the family member living in Norway.
  • The applicant = the person who wants to move to Norway or continue living here and who needs a residence permit

What kind of family member are you?

  • Spouse or registered partner

  • Cohabitant

  • Child under 18 who is moving to parents in Norway


Waiting time

Check how long you have to wait for an answer to your application for a residence permit for family immigration. 

Would you like to help us improve our website?

Did you find what you were looking for?