Person who is getting married
Please note! It is not a requirement for getting married in Norway that you have exactly this type of residence permit. You can get married in Norway as long as you have legal stay.
Requirements for both
- You must both be at least 24 years old.
- You are going to get married in Norway within six months.
- Neither of you can be married to other people.
- You must have plans to live together in Norway.
- You must not have been forced to get engaged (forced marriage).
- Your engagement must be genuine, i.e. not an engagement of convenience /proforma engagement.
Requirements for the applicant
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must document your identity. A valid passport is usually valid proof of identity.
- You must not be subject to a prohibition against entry to Norway or Schengen.
- It must be likely that you will return to your home country if you do not get married as planned.
- If your application is granted, you must apply for a renewal of your family immigration permit with your spouse before your residence permit for getting married expires.
Requirements for the reference person
- You must have an annual income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-tax. You cannot have received financial assistance from NAV (økonomisk sosialhjelp) during the last 12 months. Check what kind of income counts toward this requirement and whether you can get an exemption.
- You must have a home.