Want to apply Family immigration with a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA

You can apply for family immigration if you wish to move to a family member in Norway.

The information on this page is personalised for

The applicant is a citizen of : Syrian Arab Republic

The reference person is a citizen of: Syrian Arab Republic

What type of residence permit does the reference person have? : Another type of residence permit or a permanent residence permit

What type of residence permit did the reference person have the first time he or she moved to Norway?: Protection (asylum) or strong humanitarian considerations

On this page, we use the words 'reference person' and 'applicant

  • The reference person = the family member living in Norway.
  • The applicant = the person who wants to move to Norway or continue living here and who needs a residence permit

What kind of family member are you?

  • Spouses and registered partners

  • Cohabitants

  • Those who are getting married

  • Children under 18 who are going to live with parents in Norway

  • Children over 18 who are moving to parents in Norway

  • Parent (and siblings) of a child who are under 18 and lives in Norway

  • Parents who are moving to children over the age of 18 in Norway

  • Parents who are visiting children in Norway for up to nine months

  • Foster children who have foster parents in Norway

  • Children who have full siblings in Norway

  • Other family members


Waiting time

Check how long you have to wait for an answer to your application for a residence permit for family immigration. 

Would you like to help us improving the website?

Did you find what you were looking for?