Questions and answers about collective protection and asylum reception centres in Norway

Answers to frequently asked questions about collective protection for Ukrainian nationals are available here.

Protection (asylum) in Norway

Other residence permits, work and departure from Norway

  • May I apply for other types of permits?

  • Which residence permit can I apply for on behalf of my child who was born in Norway?

  • Am I allowed to work while waiting for an answer regarding my application for collective protection?

  • I want to leave Norway. What do I need to know?

Reception and rights

  • I have the right to participate in an introduction programme. What does it mean?

  • What is emergency accommodation?

  • What is an asylum reception centre?

  • What is an alternative to reception centres?

  • Can I apply to move from one asylum reception centre to another or from an asylum reception centre to live privately?

  • Can I bring my pet with me when I stay in an emergency accommodation or asylum reception centre?

  • How long do I have to stay at the National Arrival Centre if I apply for protection?

  • Can I stay in private housing while still being registered at the National Arrivals Centre?

  • What are the facilities at the National Arrival Centre?

  • Can my children go to school?

  • What are my rights regarding health care?

Would you like to help us improve our website?

Did you find what you were looking for?